Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Email: email@example.com
- Baccalaureate, Biology: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO (2001)
- PhD, Cellular and Molecular Biology: University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI (2008)
- MD: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI (2010)
- Internship: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI (2011)
- Residency, Radiation Oncology: Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2015)
Dr. Markovina is a board certified radiation oncologist specializing in the treatment of gynecologic cancers and thyroid cancer. She has a long-standing passion for translational research and is building the lab to study critical signaling mechanisms that make some cancers resistant to therapy.
Songyan Wang, MD, PhD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MD: Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, P.R.China (1985)
- Residency, Pediatrics: YaAn People’s Hospital, YaAn City, Sichuan, P.R. China (1985-88)
- PhD, Medicine: Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, P.R. China (1998)
Dr. Songyan Wang was a practicing pediatrician in the Peoples’ Republic of China for over a decade until coming to St. Louis in 2001, where she joined the research community at Washington University. After several years in the Department of Endocrinology, Songyan joined the Markovina lab in 2015.
Wash U Undergraduate and BioSURF Fellowship Awardee
Victoria Shi is an undergraduate student at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in biology. She hopes to attend medical school after graduation.
Former Lab Members
Post-baccalaureate Research Assistant
- Email: email@example.com
- BS, Biology: Tougaloo College, Tougaloo, MS (2016)
- Post-Baccalaureate, Biology: Washington University in St. Louis (2016-present)
Jonathan is on the road to a career in medicine and science and joined the Markovina lab during his post-baccalaureate studies at Washington University, before applying to medical school.
Paris Limberatos is a premed student at Saint Louis University with plans to attend medical school next year.